I was always defending myself. Quite a few of my past experiences made it easy to justify my defense mechanisms. I’ve been abused in many ways and many times over. These past few years have been challenging to say the very least. (This book is not an easy thing to write) Eventually, I grew tired of wishing a MF would.
In all of this, I’ve learned and am still learning:
- Love is as love does.
- Be who you are; no apologies.
- Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. (That doesn’t mean you keep subjecting yourself to abuse. Forgive and move on)
- Apologies without change mean nothing.
- Self reflection takes courage. Be patient with yourself if you’re not there yet.
- When you don’t know what the next move is, go inward and wait for revelation.
- There’s power in the pause.
- Spend as much time as you can with those that increase your energy levels.
- When you’re not “ok”, don’t pretend.
- It’s ok to feel how you feel.
- Seek WISE counsel.
- Cry if you need to, but make the choice to pick yourself up off the floor.
- Trap music might not be the move when you’re trying NOT to go to jail. *cues 3 Stacks* “Don’t do it! Reconsider!”
- Keep pushing.
- Your character speaks for itself.
The Universe is STILL conspiring in my favor.